Been working on a playlist that will surely become my best friend.
It's not sad. It's almost entirely upbeat. On good days, it'll be affirming . On hard days, it'll be empowering. :)
And in a quirky sort of way, it tells my story.
Enjoy. If you're on Spotify, look me up and it's yours. :)
1. White Blank Page (Mumford and Sons)
Tell me now where was my fault in loving you with my whole heart?
You desired my attention but denied my affections.
2. Who Knew (Pink)
I took your words and I believed everything you said to me. If someone said three years from now you'd be gone, I'd stand up and punch them out 'cause they're wrong. I know better, 'cause you said forever and ever. Who knew.
3. Piece of My Heart (Janis Joplin)
Didn't I make you feel like you were the only man? And didn't I give you everything that a woman possibly can?
4. That's All (Genesis)
Just when I thought it was going alright, I find out I'm wrong when I thought I was right. It's always the same, it's just a shame, that's all. I could say day, you'd say night. Tell me I'm wrong when I know that I'm right. It's always the same, it's just a shame, that's all.
5. Stop Draggin' My Heart Around (Stevie Nicks w/ Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers)
It's hard to think about what you've wanted. It's hard to think about what you've lost. This doesn't have to be the big get even. This doesn't have to be anything at all.
6. Over You (Daughtry)
Well I never saw it coming. I shoulda started running a long, long time ago. And I never thought I'd doubt you, but I'm better off without you, more than you know.
7. The Sign (Ace of Base)
Life is demanding without understanding. I saw the sign. No one's gonna drag you up, lift you into the light where you belong.
8. Time for Me to Fly (REO Speedwagon)
I've swallowed my pride for you - lived and lied for you - but you still make me feel like a thief. You got me stealing your love away because you never give it.
9. I Will Survive (Gloria Gaynor)
Did you think I'd crumble? Did you think I'd lay down and die? Oh no, not I. I will survive. As long as I know how to love I know I'll stay alive. I've got all my life to live, and I've got all my love to give. I will survive.
10. Fighter (Christina Aguilera)
How could this man I thought I know turn out to be so unjust, so cruel? Could only see the good in you, pretended not to see the truth. Makes me that much stronger. Makes me work a little bit harder. Makes me that much wiser. Thanks for makin' me a fighter.
11. Forget You (CeeLo Green)
Despite the pain in my chest, I still wish you the best, but ...forget you.
12. Survivor (Destiny's Child)
I'm wishin' you the best, pray that you are blessed. I'm not gonna compromise my Christianity. I'm a survivor. I'm not gon' give up. I'm not gon' stop. I'm gon' work harder. I'm a survivor. I'm gonna make it.
13. Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You) (Kelly Clarkson)
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, stand a little taller. Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone.
14. Somebody That I Used To Know (Gotye)
Now and then I think of all the times you screwed me over. Part of me believing it was always something that I'd done. But I don't wanna live that way, reading into every word you say.
15. Don't Look Back (Boston)
I can see - it took so long just to realize. I'm much too strong not to compromise. Now I see what I am is holding me down. I'll turn it around.
16. The Cave (Mumford and Sons)
But I will hold on hope. And I won't let you choke on the noose around your neck. And I'll find strength in pain and I will change my ways. I'll know my name as it's called again. 'Cause I have other things to fill my time. You take what is yours and I'll take mine. Now let me at the truth which will refresh my broken mind. I know my call despite my faults and despite my growing fears. But I will hold on hope....
17. I'm Still Standing (Elton John)
I'm still standing better than I ever did. Lookin' like a true survivor, feelin' like little kid. I'm still standing after all this time, picking up the pieces of my life without you on my mind.
18. Goodbye to You (Patty Smyth with Scandal)
I remember the good times baby now, and the bad times too. These past few weeks of holding on - the days are dull, the nights are long. Guess it's better to say goodbye to you.
19. I Choose (India.Arie)
Today I decided to let it all go. I'm dropping my bags, I'm making room for my joy. And I choose to be the best that I can be. I choose to be authentic in everything I do.
20. Feeling Good (Nina Simone)
It's a new dawn, it's a new day, it's a new life for me. And I'm feelin' good.
No comments:
Post a Comment