Monday, January 23, 2012

And now for something completely different

I had a dream Saturday night.

I was with a man, a friend. I could tell he was kind of in to me, but I was scared to let myself be too vulnerable. I noticed how he lit up when I entered the room, how he welcomed me into a warm embrace, how he hung on my every word. Soon, I was head over heels for him, too. He told me all the things he loved about me: my easy laughter, my authenticity.... His kisses were deep and lingering. His eyes were soulful and honest, his crooked smile genuine and irresistable.

Even in my sleep, I felt the long-ago-familiar rush of early love... That walking-on-clouds sensation I felt as a 21-year old so many years ago. I was deliriously happy. Some of the dream was in a mountain setting, and some was in a house full of people.
At some point, I logged on to Facebook, and there in my notifications was a message: "your relationship status has changed". I clicked to see what was up, and was stunned to see a familiar face staring back at me next to the words, "Matthew McConaughey is in a relationship with Stacy Agee Kocur."

I was bewildered for a moment, because it didn't make sense. Then I suddenly realized that YES!! The man who loved me and who I've been falling in love with is Matthew McConaughey! How did I not notice that this whole time?? Amazing. What luck! Thank you, God!

Then I woke up, pulled the covers up under my chin and snuggled in, still warm and fuzzy and so in love. I swear I smiled to myself and pondered my new love life for a second before I finally realized I'd been dreaming. I was happy all day, though.

Matthew McFreakingMcConaughey. What do you suppose it means? Analyze away, my friends!

2 comments:

  1. When I have dreams like that, it means I need to wake up dh for some "special cuddling" time. But you tend to have more meaningful dreams than I ever do. Maybe you are preparing to re-fall in love with your first love (God) at your retreat.

    (Btw, I worked very hard to not use the words "horny" and "Jesus" in adjacent sentences!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shoot! I just realized I ended up using them in the SAME sentence.

    ReplyDelete